The National Confectioners Association (NCA) has announced the recent election of three new NCA officers, as well as several members to the Board of Trustees and Executive Board.
Mitchell Goetze, executive vice-president & COO of Goetze’s Candy Co. Inc., has been elected chairman of the Board of Trustees. He succeeds Michael Gilmore of the Ferrara Pan Candy Co. Inc.
Bob Simpson, president & COO of the Jelly Belly Candy Co. will work closely with Goetze as vice chairman of the Board of Trustees. Simpson has been involved with NCA since 2003 serving on the Board of Trustees, Executive Committee, public policy, customer relations and communications committees.
Goetze and Goetze’s Candy Co. have been actively involved with NCA for decades. Goetze has served on the NCA Board and the Executive Board, as well as the public policy and communications committees. Goetze chaired the NCA strategic planning task force last year, which concluded that NCA should focus on meeting the needs of every member, from large and small candy makers, to suppliers, cocoa processors and brokers.
“Mitchell Goetze was instrumental in developing NCA’s new strategic plan. Now that it is complete, he is poised to put the plan into action as chairman,” said Larry Graham, president of NCA. “As a leading executive in his family-run business, Goetze brings a wealth of experience and a committed passion for all facets of the industry. He is a forward-thinker who is ready to roll up his sleeves and lead with the support of NCA members and staff to ensure that NCA is the voice for anyone who does confectionery business with the U.S.”
Since 1895 Goetze’s Candy Co. Inc., headquartered in Baltimore, Md., has been family owned and operated. Caramel Creams and Cow Tales are its flagship products boasting millions of consumers worldwide.
“Through the strategic plan, NCA members revealed that one of the most pressing tasks at hand is for NCA to focus on ensuring a business-friendly environment for all confectionery companies in the U.S. market,” said Goetze. “Dedicated people and solid plans shape great outcomes and with NCA’s new strategy in place, good things lie ahead for the entire industry.”
NCA is pleased to welcome a new slate of officers for the 2010-2012 term.
New NCA Officers:
Chairman: Mitchell Goetze, Executive Vice President & COO, Goetze Candy Co.
Vice Chairman: Bob Simpson, President and COO, Jelly Belly Candy Co.
Treasurer: John Brooks, Jr., Vice President, Adams & Brooks Inc.
New Members of the Executive Board:
- John Brooks, Jr., Vice President, Adams & Brooks Inc.
- Don Pearson, President, Cargill Cocoa and Chocolate
- Bob Simpson, President and COO, Jelly Belly Candy Co.
- Joe Vittoria, President & CEO, Pez Candy Inc.
New Members of the Board of Trustees:
- Scott Albanese, President, Albanese Confectionery
- Cindy Brooks, Vice President, Adams and Brooks Inc.
- Gene Dunkin, Chief Executive Officer, Thompson Brands LLC
- Ellen Gordon, President, Tootsie Roll Worldwide Ltd.
- Susan Gamson Karl, President & CEO, Annabelle Candy Co. Inc.
- Lee Hartman, Sales Manager, Printpack Inc.
- Jennifer Martin, Director of Sales, American Licorice Co.
- Ben McGlaughlin, President & CEO, Wolfgang Candy Co. Inc.
- Barry Sokol, Executive Vice President, Sorbee International LLC
- Keith Von Zup, VP of Global Customer Development, Just Born Inc.
NCA would also like to recognize the successes achieved by the outgoing committee members.
Outgoing Members of the Board of Trustees:
- Ross Bainbridge, Bainbridge Associates LLC
- Walt Freed, Kahler-Senders Group Inc
- Mary Beth Geraci, Carlin O’Brien Inc.
- Lance Gimbal, Gimbal’s Fine Candies
- Brendan Kelley, Big Sky Brands Inc.
- Ronald Korenhof, Perfetti Van Melle USA Inc.
- Edmond Opler, World’s Finest Chocolate Inc.
- Andreas Pfluger, Ghirardelli Chocolate Co.
- J. Michael Rainey, Liberty Orchards Co. Inc
- Mark Schlott, R.M. Palmer Co.
- Mike Warehime, Snyder’s Of Hanover
Outgoing Members of the Executive Board:
- James Hagedorn, Barry Callebaut USA
- Patrick Huffman, The Warrell Corp.
- Linda Sahagian, Sahagian & Associates