New locations are expected to provide 275 jobs; hiring is already underway.
Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market has announced the opening dates for several of its first stores in Northern California, set to open beginning in March.
These store openings are expected to create more than 275 jobs throughout Northern California. Fresh & Easy is currently accepting applications for positions on its Web site at www.freshandeasy.com/joinus.
“Opening our first Northern California stores is another big step in our expansion plans, and we look forward to bringing fresh, wholesome food at affordable prices to these neighborhoods,” said Fresh & Easy CEO Tim Mason. “We’re thrilled by the response we’ve already seen on our Web site for these new job positions and we are proud to bring more good jobs to the area.”
Northern California opening dates include:
• Bird Ave. & Minnesota Ave., San Jose
• Diablo Blvd. & Hwy 680, Danville
• Cabrillo Hwy. & Linda Mar Blvd., Pacifica
• Clayton Rd. & Ygnacio Valley Rd., Concord
• Elmira Rd. & Nut Tree Rd., Vacaville
• Oakdale Rd. & Lancey Dr., Modesto
• Ygnacio Valley Rd. & San Carlos Rd., Walnut Creek
• Rosewood Dr. & Santa Rita Rd., Pleasanton
• Mission Blvd. & Rousseau St., Hayward
• Imola Ave. & Jefferson St., Napa
• Saratoga Ave. & Payne Ave., San Jose
Fresh & Easy also plans to open two stores in San Francisco early this year. The opening dates for these stores are expected to be announced in the coming weeks. The two stores include:
• 32nd Ave. & Clement St., San Francisco
• 3rd St. & Carroll Ave., San Francisco
Entry-level positions start at $10 an hour in California and offer quarterly bonuses of up to 10% as well as a 401(k) with company match. The company believes everyone deserves access to affordable and comprehensive healthcare and provides all employees the opportunity to work at least 20 hours per week, which entitles everyone to vision, prescription drug, dental and medical coverage with Fresh & Easy paying at least 75%.
For each new store opening, Fresh & Easy invites neighbors to nominate a local, non-profit organization to receive a $1,000 donation. Based off the nominations from the neighborhood, store employees will select the winning charity. Charity nominations are accepted at: www.freshandeasy.com/goodneighbor.