Former Gas City opens as a TravelCenters of America store, featuring a Country Pride restaurant and BP-branded gasoline.
TravelCenters of America LLC (TA) has completed the renovations and rebranding of the newest TA full-service travel center at Exit 230 off I-65, 11166 West State Rd., DeMotte, Ind.
The location was previously operated as Gas City, and was purchased by TA in May 2011.
“We are very excited to be able to fly the TA flag in DeMotte. This facility is now shining, and all of its employees are beaming and ready to continue bringing our guests the best customer service on the interstate. The coffee is great, too,” said Tom O’Brien, TA President and CEO.
Improvements at the DeMotte location included:
- Complete renovation of the full-service restaurant, and rebranding as Country Pride, including the All-You-Can-Eat buffet option
- Parking lot resurfacing and complete replacement of the fuel island pad
- Fully automated shower system
- Complete travel store remodel and upgrade, including new fixtures and coolers, and point-of-sale enhancements
- Addition of BP-branded gasoline
- UltraONE Rewards Program kiosk and swiping system
- Environmental upgrades to the diesel fueling system
- Extensive building enhancements and reimaging
The DeMotte TA offers drivers many amenities including: CAT scale; six private showers; a driver’s lounge; WiFi; TripPak; check cashing; faxing/copying; and ATM services. Additional amenities, including a TA Truck Service shop; new high-speed diesel pumps at all eight diesel lanes; and on-island, single dispenser bulk DEF are expected to be added soon.
TravelCenters of America LLC, headquartered in Westlake, Ohio, is a travel center business in 41 states and Canada operating under the TravelCenters of America and Petro brands.