Acquired in May 2011, the new Brazil, Ind.-based site has been renovated and is ready to greet customers.
TravelCenters of America LLC (TA) has completed renovations and rebranding on its newest Petro full-service travel center at Exit 23 off I-70, 1035 West State Road 42, Brazil, Ind.
The location was previously operated as Steel City, and was purchased by TA in May 2011.
“We are very happy to be able to bring professional drivers another Petro and more amenities to make them feel at home on the road,” said Tom O’Brien, president and CEO of TA, a travel center business in 41 states and Canada operating under the TravelCenters of America and Petro brands. “A lot has been done to bring this site up to the standards that drivers expect from Petro – and one of the reasons that they continue to vote us best,” he added.
Improvements at the Brazil location have included:
- Complete renovation of the full-service restaurant, including rebranding as Iron Skillet with an All-You-Can-Eat buffet option
- Parking lot resurfacing and striping – with 102 truck parking spaces
- Four fully renovated private showers with a completely automated shower system
- New high-speed diesel pumps at all nine diesel lanes
- Addition of Shell-branded gasoline
- UltraONE Rewards Program kiosk and swiping system
- Extensive building enhancements and reimaging
The Brazil Petro offers drivers many amenities including: A designated pet exercise area; CAT scale; a driver’s lounge complete with La-Z-Boy design chairs; WiFi; TripPak; check cashing; faxing/copying; and ATM services. Additional amenities include a Petro:Lube with four service bays, as well as RoadSquad 24/7/365 emergency roadside assistance. Future upgrades will include additional showers on the first floor; travel store enhancements; and on-island, single dispenser bulk DEF dispensing.