Locations to offer a Wi-Fi Internet café area with complimentary coffee.
Winn-Dixie Stores Inc. is celebrating the completion of two newly remodeled state-of-the-art stores in central Florida.
The stores are located at 951 State Road 434 W. Longwood, Fla. and at 7800 U.S. 17/92 S. Fern Park, Fla., located in the Main Street Square shopping center.
The Longwood Winn-Dixie celebrates its grand opening today, Feb. 15, while the Winn-Dixie in Fern Park is scheduled to celebrate its grand opening Feb. 22.
“We are proud to deliver our guests a fresh, new experience filled with solutions to make shopping fun and easy,” said Dan Lafever, Winn-Dixie regional vice president. “Both of these stores exemplify our commitment to the residents of Longwood and Fern Park and serve as one-stop grocery destinations catering to the needs, tastes and preferences of the surrounding communities.”
In addition to expansive wine and cheese sections staffed by knowledgeable specialists, both the Longwood and Fern Park stores feature a vast new prepared foods section serving restaurant-quality entrees and side dishes for guests who value convenience. Experienced chefs direct the preparation of a wide variety of foods — from made-to-order pizza, seven flavors of chicken wings, barbecue bar and a carving station with fresh fish, poultry and prime rib.
Guests will also find an expanded bakery, a gourmet cheese counter, expanded meat and seafood departments, self-service kiosks for meal planning and an upgraded pharmacy in both stores.
Both the Longwood and Fern Park Winn-Dixie stores will carry “Winn-Dixie” and “Winn-Dixie Organic & Natural” private-label products, which offer guests national-brand quality at a phenomenal value.
“We are committed to providing our guests with the greatest value and quality possible,” said Lafever.
Features of the newly remodeled Longwood and Fern Park Winn-Dixie stores include:
• New store entrance with outdoor market
• Expanded produce department featuring a wide selection of the season’s freshest fruits and vegetables
• Expanded deli department with wood-burning rotisserie, carving station serving freshly roasted meats, and custom sandwich and sub shop
• Hot food selections, including fresh, made-to-order pastas, barbecue, fried chicken, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, macaroni & cheese, and wing bar serving seven flavors of chicken wings
• Expanded selection of specialty desserts, pastries and made-to-order cakes in the bakery, along with loaves of warm, freshly baked bread
• 11 different freshly made compound salads, including spinach antipasti, curried cous cous, and green apple rocky road
• Wide variety of meats carved to order in the full-service meat department
• Expanded new seafood department with fresh sushi created by an on-site sushi chef
• Expanded selection of international cheeses, staffed with an experienced cheese steward
• Expanded selection of domestic and imported wines and beers with an experienced wine steward
• Remodeled and expanded pharmacy with wellness center
• Upgraded floral department, featuring an assortment of seasonal merchandise and specialty gifts
• New guest services counter
• New Wi-Fi Internet café sitting area with complimentary coffee
“With an enhanced product selection and expanded departments, guests will enjoy a fresh and local shopping experience every time they visit our store,” said Eric Dichtas, Longwood store director. “We welcome our neighbors to come in and see their new Winn-Dixie.”
The Fern Park store features an expanded assortment of kosher foods, including dry goods, pre-packaged kosher meats, dairy products and pre-packaged challah.
“We’ve fine-tuned our store to the wants and needs of our community,” said Frank Diaz, Fern Park store director. “And we have created this store as a destination store for kosher in Orlando. Many Seminole and Orange County residents come to this store for our kosher products.”
To celebrate the two stores’ grand openings, Winn-Dixie will host a series of celebrations throughout February and March, including, food tastings, live entertainment, raffles, giveaways and more.
The Longwood and Fern Park stores are the second and third “transformational” remodeled Winn-Dixie stores in central Florida, and the seventh and eighth respectively for the company.
Winn-Dixie Stores operates approximately 480 retail grocery locations and approximately 380 in-store pharmacies, in Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia and Mississippi.