Celebrates with fan appreciation contests and giveaways.
From merchandise to gift cards, Wawa is showering its social media fans with affection. But the celebration doesn’t end there; Wawa is also launching its “What Will Wawa do Next?” program.
“Through the years, Wawa fans have posted thousands of requests and wishes, so in honor of our Millionth Fan Celebration, some of those requests will be fulfilled,” said Carol Jensen, Wawa’s chief marketing officer. “This program is just one way Wawa is showing appreciation for the wonderful fans that have made this milestone possible.”
Fans can enter the contests and view the details by visiting Wawa’s Facebook page for entry forms and details.
Fun Facebook Facts
To put the milestone in perspective, consider the following Wawa Facebook Fun Facts:
• Out of Facebook’s more than 42 million Fan Pages, Wawa ranks 5,520 in terms of Likes –standing strong in the top 99%.
• Wawa is the 848th ranked brand overall and the 234th brand in the Food/Beverage category.
• Wawa is one of only approximately 5,000 Fan Pages that have reached the one million fan milestone.
• Wawa’s fans have used Facebook to interact MORE than 550,000 times since the page launched, including likes, comments, shares, and answers.
• If you live in the Mid‐Atlantic market and you’re not a fan of Wawa on Facebook, at least one of your friends is!
“We treasure this brand loyalty and unique way to interact with our fans and customers,” said Jensen. “Our Millionth Fan Celebration is just one way of thanking our wonderful fans for their unwavering support of Wawa by adding some fun elements of surprise and delight to them!”
Wawa also experienced 384% growth on its Twitter page since June. For more on other chains doing a great job with social media, and how you can boost your social media presence, check out CSD’s social media awards: http://www.csdecisions-digital.com/csdecisions/201301#pg53