Wawa Inc. has launched two exciting new initiatives—the Wawa Mobile App and Wawa Rewards program.
The Wawa mobile app, which features the Wawa Rewards program on its platform, is now available for free through the App Store for Apple devices and through Google Play for Android devices.
As of January 2015, all of Wawa’s more than 680 convenience stores are accepting mobile payments through the new Wawa mobile app, enabling customers to make in-store purchases with more convenience than ever before, using a Wawa Gift Card from their smartphones. In addition to enabling these mobile payments, Wawa’s new app allows customers to:
- Manage their Wawa card: Customers can register a Wawa gift card to earn Wawa Rewards, check their balance and can reload their card anytime.
- Redeem Wawa Rewards: Customer can use their rewards in store by redeeming their coupon from their phone.
- Find a Wawa store nearby: The app gives the hours of operation and directions.
- Check fuel prices: Customers can get real-time fuel prices at Wawa fuel stores.
- View nutrition information: Customers can plan a meal and find out nutritional content.
- Connect with friends on social media: Customers can use social check-in
Most notably, the Wawa app allows customers to access the new Wawa Rewards program, offering customers a chance to earn rewards just for purchasing their Wawa favorites. Here’s how it works.
- Sign up via the Wawa Mobile App or WawaRewards.com.
- Add a Wawa gift card to your Wawa Rewards account through the app or WawaRewards.com. Get a reward just for adding your first card!
- Pay for your in-store purchases with your registered gift card using the Wawa app or the actual card.
- Get your choice of three rewards for every $50 spent on qualifying items.
“Part of our commitment to fulfilling customers’ lives every day, includes connecting with customers at deeper levels, and we are thrilled to provide new meaningful and time saving technologies that will help us create the added convenience and connection points our customers desire,” said Chris Gheysens, Wawa’s President and CEO. “We hope the new Wawa app and Wawa Rewards program will further extend the unique bond our associates have established with our customer over the past 50 years, through new forms of connectivity and customer recognition.”