Cenex Zip Trip, a chain of 70 convenience/gas stores across Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota, has launched its first customer smartphone app using the Verge Retail Connect platform.
Connect provides retailers with the ability to positively interact with customers, and forms the foundational framework for third-party loyalty, POS and location services at a fraction of the cost of competing platforms.
Connect, used by hundreds of thousands of c-store customers nationwide, features loyalty games, customer specific coupons, easy feedback, store mapping, current gas prices and more including:
- A dynamic user interface with home screen that changes based on time, location, and usage of the app.
- Time Highlighted Promotions – recommend promotions to customers based on time of day.
- Daily Challenge – a new trivia question or riddle daily gives customers another reason to use the app more frequently.
- Birthday club – automatically wishes customers a happy birthday and provides an exclusive offer.
- Social integration, making it easy for customers to share deals, thus promoting retail brands.
“Cenex Zip Trip is committed to providing the very best possible experience for our customers; we knew Verge could work closely with us to deliver on that commitment,” said Jon Fleck, merchandising manager of Cenex Zip Trip.
“We’re proud to add Cenex Zip Trip to our growing base of discerning c-store retailers building their brands with Connect,” said Carson Kuehne, Verge Retail chief innovations officer.
Owned by CHS Inc. (the nation’s leading farmer-owned cooperative and a Fortune 100 energy, grains and foods company), Cenex Zip Trip is part of a network of more than 1,400 Cenex fueling stations in 19 states.