Turkey Hill Minit Markets is working to expand its presence in Northeastern Pennsylvania. In order to expand, the company is slated to open a new store, later this month. The new store will soon open at 140 N. Wilkes-Barre Boulevard in Wilkes-Barre.
Serving customers 24 hours daily, the newly constructed, 5,200 square-foot store will employ approximately 30 associates, provide 16 fueling stations, and incorporate Turkey Hill’s most up-to-date features. This includes touchscreen ordering from an expanded Real Time Café menu, including Built Your Way pizza, hot breakfast sandwiches, cheeseburgers, subs, salads, appetizers and many other selections for breakfast, lunch, dinner and anytime snacks. In-store seating gives customers a relaxing place to dine and unwind while enjoying meals and beverages.
The merchandise mix includes expanded choices in the fountain drink and slushie area. Also featured in the store’s extensive beverage and frozen product lines is an aromatic selection of coffee—brewed with Soft-Heat for better freshness and flavor—as well as cappuccinos and a wide selection of Turkey Hill Ice Cream, Iced Teas and drinks.
Customers can save on fuel with the Turkey Hill Rewards program, offering a variety of ways to accumulate points quickly, plus “Buy More, Save More” opportunities on selected items.
A celebration event is scheduled at the store for Thursday, Oct.22, from 11 a.m.–1 p.m., featuring grand opening festivities, free hot dogs and smoked sausages, special coffee refill mugs for the first 100 people in line at 11 a.m., a radio station appearance, a prize wheel and more.
Through Nov. 8, customers visiting the store will also have the opportunity to enter a drawing to win a $500 Turkey Hill Gift Card.
Among the many limited-time product specials to help celebrate the grand opening are:
- 16-ounce coffee or 32-ounce fountain drink or slushey, 79 cents
- Turkey Hill Premium Ice Cream, 1.5 quarts, two for $5, single purchase, regular price
- Roller Grill items (hot dogs, sausages, Tornados and more), $1 each
- Fresh bananas, two for $1
- All breakfast sandwiches, buy one, get one free
- Pepsi product 16.9-ounce six packs, two for $5, single purchase, regular price
- Utz chips, 9.5-ounce size, buy one, get one free
- Free loaf of Kroger white or wheat bread with gallon Turkey Hill milk purchase
- Free 2 liter Kroger soft drink product with purchase of 14ʺ pizza
“Since it introduces our latest, expanded store format to Wilkes-Barre, this opening is especially exciting for us,” said Kim Hertzog, public relations manager. “Our Grand Opening specials give customers in the area an opportunity to experience the wide variety of products that Turkey Hill has to offer while also taking advantage of some great deals.”