All Country Run proceeds from 2015 were presented as donations to local charities.
Throughout 2015, San Antonio-based CST Brands Inc., owner of Nice N Easy Grocery Shoppes, held 10 Corner Store Country Runs across the U.S. The runs proved to be quite the success, with a total of 37,000 participants, and $1.4 million donated to children charities, including $750,000 to Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.
The 2015 Syracuse Country Run was the first annual 5K Fun Run that was very well received by all participants. Runners dressed country and afterwards everyone enjoyed a free, family-friendly country fair with live music, food, sponsor booths, carnival games and giveaways. The first annual Syracuse Run was certainly a Blue Ribbon success!
In Syracuse, on behalf of CST Brands, Inc./Nice N Easy Grocery Shoppes, supervisor of communications Ann Ammann proudly presented the five local nominated charities each a check for $10,000.
The local charities that benefited from the proceeds from the Country Runs were:
- Aldersgate Camp & Retreat Center (thousands of children, youth, young adults and adults experience Christ in new ways on their holy grounds)
- Paige’s Butterfly Run Inc. (supports pediatric cancer research to aid the patients of tomorrow as well as assistance programs for today’s patients)
- Rotary Foundation/CNY Children’s Foundation Inc. (Enhances the community and offers a safe and fun space for area children by building a children’s park)
- Tillie’s Touch (promotes sports to underprivileged children around the community)
- Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital (provides comprehensive, seamless and innovative patient and family centered health care to improve the health status the communities they serve)
“We are very fortunate to have the opportunity to share the proceeds with such outstanding organizations that help our customers in the communities we serve at Nice N Easy Grocery Shoppes,” Ammann stated.
This year’s Country Run will be held on Saturday, Aug. 6, 2016 at Onondaga Community College in Syracuse.