Hershey’s fans now have access to an all new, exciting tour of the Hershey factory. The tour brings education and fun together for an experience that fans of all ages will enjoy.
Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction has announced that it will be hosting a grand opening ceremony for its new Hershey’s Chocolate Tour on May 14, 2016.
This new tour marks the first major renovation of the popular attraction in 10 years. The world’s most visited factory tour now features the latest in digital technology and new installations that create a fully immersive and interactive experience for all ages.
“Hershey’s Chocolate Tour is a fun and educational experience that has delighted families since 1973, and we look forward to commemorating this next special moment in its history,” said Suzanne Jones, vice president, The Hershey Experience. “With the latest modernization, visitors will get a look into the magical, modern world of chocolate making like never before and learn how simple ingredients like milk, cocoa and sugar come together to create our delicious Hershey’s chocolate.”
Fans are invited to take part in the grand opening festivities and be one of the first to experience the new Hershey’s Chocolate Tour. The family-friendly celebration on May 14 will feature the official “unwrapping” of the tour, entertainment featuring the Hershey’s characters and a chance to win special prizes. The first 500 people in line will receive special commemorative Hershey’s Chocolate Tour gifts and chocolate bars. Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction will have a special early opening at 8:30 a.m.
A New Tour for a New Generation
Riders will have a chance to meet the seven new cows in the fan-favorite barnyard scene, which transports visitors to the farms of Pennsylvania where Hershey sources milk for its chocolate. More than 10,000 fans helped name Mocha, Caramel, Strawbella, Blossom and Cocoa by voting online for their favorites, inspired by the delicious flavors found in chocolate. One more cow will be named by fans and the final cow by employees of The Hershey Co., to be announced at the grand opening.
In addition to the cows, visitors will find new updates throughout Hershey’s Chocolate Tour, including:
- New graphics in the queue area highlighting The Hershey Co.’s commitment to responsible sourcing and the simple ingredients like milk, cocoa and sugar
- Photo features that make it easy for families to capture and share the magical memories from their visit
- Enhanced sets featuring the latest in projection mapping and holographic imaging effects
- 13 state-of-the-art animated figures
- A brand new narration and theme song
- Power-saving LED lighting
- A high-resolution interactive finale scene that integrates photos submitted by Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction fans on social media