Plaid Pantry has promoted one of its own board members to the position of company president.
Jonathan Polonsky has been appointed by the Board of Directors of Plaid Pantries Inc. to the position of president and chief operating officer, effective immediately. Polonsky assumes his new position after being promoted from his previous position of chief operating officer and executive vice president.
Polonsky joined Plaid Pantries in July of 2012 as the executive vice president.
The Plaid Pantries Management team now consists of:
- Long-time industry veteran Chris Girard, chairman and CEO
- Jonathan Polonsky, president and chief operating officer
- Tim Cote, vice president marketing
- Bahman Rostamirad, vice president operations
- Brent Chadwick, vice president and corporate controller
Plaid Pantries currently operates 110 stores in Oregon and Washington State, with another new store location under construction and slated to open in the fall of 2016. The majority of the locations are situated in the Metro Area around the City of Portland. Plaid Pantries was founded in 1963 and is now the largest independent convenience store operator in the state of Oregon.