On Thurs., June 16, Kum & Go will become the first retailer in Waukee, Iowa’s Kettlestone development.
Kum & Go is scheduled to open the doors of its newly built store in Waukee, Iowa, at 6 a.m. on Thurs., June 16. The brand new store, located at 3105 Grand Prairie Parkway, features the brand’s Marketplace design, and offers a variety of unique amenities. This 6,200+-square-foot store marks the first retailer to open in Waukee’s multi-use Kettlestone development.
To encourage customers to try out some of the new offerings and see the store, a number of promotions and events have been planned:
Thursday, June 16
- The first 99 customers to arrive on Thursday morning will receive a coupon for a 99-cent whole pizza.
- From 4-6 p.m. IngeniOz vodka developer Dr. J. (Hans) van Leeuwen will be at the store hosting a vodka tasting and bottle signing.
Friday, June 17 – Grand Opening Celebration & Ribbon Cutting
- From 3-5 p.m., free food and drink samples will be offered to customers, and Confluence Brewing Co. will host a beer tasting from the growler station.
- 3:30 p.m. Remarks and ribbon cutting – Waukee mayor Bill Peard and a representative of the Waukee Chamber of Commerce will speak.
Saturday, June 18
- See NASCAR XFINITY Series driver Ty Dillon’s 3 car in person – the “Kum & Go E15” racecar will be on display from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Wednesday, June 22
- Exile Brewing Co. will host beer sampling from 4-6 p.m.
The store features Kum & Go’s new store prototype, unveiled earlier this year in Johnston, Iowa. Developing this distinctive store model took nearly two years, and the result is an entirely new concept. The centerpiece of the store is an expanded and open food preparation area that customers can see from the moment they enter. Other location features include:
- Elevated food experience with Kum & Go’s “Go Fresh Market”
- Open kitchen layout, clear aisles and easy-to-navigate zones
- Seating inside with heated patio seating outside
- Complimentary Wi-Fi and charging stations for customers
- Expansive beer cave and growler station with fresh beer
- Designed for LEED-certified status, using energy efficient and sustainable design practices
“We’re proud to be early supporters of the innovative Kettlestone project, and excited to be the first to open a storefront to meet the needs of residents and visitors to the area,” said Kum & Go president and CEO Kyle J. Krause. “This new footprint is the evolution of our brand promise and business approach. Now customers can truly experience the ‘more’ that we provide.”
To celebrate the opening, Kum & Go will make a $1,000 contribution to the Waukee Area Arts Council. The Waukee Area Arts Council is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life through the fine arts in the western suburbs of Des Moines, Iowa and the surrounding area.
Kum & Go operates 52 stores in the Des Moines, Iowa metro area.
Future locations of this new layout are planned for 2016 in Iowa, Colorado, Oklahoma, Wyoming, Missouri and Arkansas.