Cumberland Farms has introduced a new frozen treat, just in time for National Ice Cream Day.
Just in time for National Ice Cream Day, which is Sun. July 17, Cumberland Farms has released the results of its recent consumer survey where consumers indicated their personal ice cream preferences.
Cumberland Farms’ National Ice Cream Day survey revealed the following:
- Ice cream lovers don’t let freezing winter temps stop them. 95% of respondents say they indulge in the treat all year long – no matter what the season is.
- In summertime, 46% of respondents say they eat the sweet treat two to three times per week, and 11% say they reach for it every day.
- When it comes to the time of day, 79% of respondents agree that the prime time to eat ice cream is during the evening between 5-11 p.m.
- Peanut butter cup topped the list of flavors with 18% of respondents declaring it their favorite, followed by cookie dough, then fruity flavors like strawberry.
- 27% of respondents ranked chocolate syrup as their favorite topping, followed closely by whipped cream at 20%.
- Ice cream lovers also prefer a proper vessel. Nearly 60% of respondents eat ice cream out of a dish or cone versus just digging in straight from the carton.
In addition to cartons of its Ultimate ScoopTM and Farmhouse Creamery ice creams, Cumberland Farms is also introducing a brand new line of ice cream sandwiches in time for a National Ice Cream Day treat. Now available at all retail locations for just $2.49, the Cumberland Farms FarmhouseTM Premium Ice Cream Sandwiches come in four decadent flavors like Blissful Chocolate Brownie – rich and creamy vanilla ice cream, sandwiched between indulgent chewy chocolate brownies – and Rapturous Black Raspberry Chocolate with black raspberry ice cream sandwiched between chocolate-chocolate chip cookies.
“My grandparents started this business as a dairy farm, so it’s only fitting that our ice cream has been a longtime customer favorite, and we’re always striving to add more delicious flavors and varieties at a great value,” said Ari Haseotes, CEO of Cumberland Farms. “If you haven’t tried our ice cream yet – or want to treat yourself to one of our new Farmhouse Premium Ice Cream Sandwiches, National Ice Cream Day on Sunday is the perfect day to stop by your local Cumberland Farms.”
For an extra value, from now through September 6th, any customer who purchases a 20 ounce Pepsi or Mountain Dew beverage will get a free FarmhouseTM Premium Ice Cream Sandwich of their choice.