Kum & Go offered a number of promotions to celebrate the opening of its newest Marketplace location.
On Fri., Sept. 23, Kum & Go opened its newly built location in Des Moines, Iowa. The new location, which is located at 6304 SW 9th Street, opened its doors at 6 a.m.
The brand new, 6,200+-square-foot store features the new Marketplace store design with a variety of unique offerings is the first Kum & Go of its kind on the South Side of Des Moines, Iowa.
To encourage customers to try out those offerings:
- The first 99 customers to arrive on Friday morning received a coupon for a 99-cent whole pizza.
- On Friday, from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., customers enjoyed free samples of fresh pizza and new made-to-order sandwiches.
A grand opening ribbon-cutting ceremony is planned for 11:30 a.m. at the store on Friday, and the public is welcome to attend.
Developing this distinctive store model took nearly two years, and the result is an entirely new concept. The centerpiece of the store is an expanded and open food preparation area that customers can see from the moment they enter. Other location features include:
- Elevated food experience with Kum & Go’s “Go Fresh Market”
- Open kitchen layout, clear aisles and easy-to-navigate zones
- Seating inside with heated patio seating outside
- Complimentary Wi-Fi and charging stations for customers
- Designed for LEED-certified status, using energy efficient and sustainable design practices
“This new footprint represents everything that Kum & Go strives to be for our associates and for our customers,” said Kum & Go president and CEO Kyle Krause. “This is the evolution of our brand promise and business approach. Now customers can truly experience the “more” that we provide.”
To celebrate the opening, Kum & Go will make a $1,000 contribution to the Celebration Worship Center to purchase a basketball hoop and playground equipment.
The store will be open 24 hours a day. The phone number to the store is (515) 953-5209.
Kum & Go operates 51 stores in the Des Moines area. Future locations of this new layout are planned for 2016 in Iowa, Colorado, Oklahoma, Wyoming, Missouri and Arkansas.