The Tennessee-based retailer readies for February with a limited time pizza offer and a new travel center in Washington State.
With the Super Bowl and National Pizza Day (Feb. 9) are just around the corner, Pilot Flying J is treating guests to a free slice of its pizzeria-quality pies Feb. 3-10 through the Pilot Flying J app.
All drivers need to do is download (or open) the app within these dates to find an exclusive offer waiting to be redeemed at the more than 300 Pilot and Flying J Travel Centers serving PJ Fresh Pizza. First-time users receive an additional free drink of their choice when downloading the app.
All PJ Fresh Pizzas are baked fresh and available in an assortment of recipes, so there’s something for every pizza lover. This offer includes the limited-time offer Mega Meatball flavor.
National Pizza Day is celebrated on February 9 of every year in the U.S. Regardless if you prefer plain cheese or pepperoni, thick or thin crust, this is a holiday for everyone who revels in pizza pies.
Some fun pizza facts, according to denirospizza.com:
• Pepperoni pizza is the most popular pizza type in the world
• More than 3 billion) pizzas are ordered every year in the U.S.
• More than 1 billion frozen pizzas are purchased every year in the U.S.
• The first U.S. pizzeria, Gennaro Lombardi, opened in 1895 in New York City.
NEW TRAVEL CENTER
Pilot Flying J in early January announced it was opening a Pilot Travel Center in Arlington, Wash. The travel center features full amenities for area residents and the traveling public, while adding approximately 70 local jobs and other economic benefits to the community.
“We’re thrilled to serve the Arlington community and contribute to the local economy with our new travel center,” said Ken Parent, president of Pilot Flying J. “Our goal at Pilot Flying J is to connect people and places with comfort, care and a smile at every stop. Both Arlington residents and those traveling through the Snohomish County area will soon be able to enjoy the convenience and amenities of this Pilot Travel Center.”
This Pilot Travel Center offers many amenities, including:
• 12 gasoline fueling positions and seven diesel lanes with high-speed pumps for quicker refueling.
• PJ Fresh pizza and grab-and-go food offerings prepared on site daily, including salads, sandwiches, burgers, fruit cups and an array of hot and cold snacks.
• Pilot’s Best Gourmet Coffees, including bean-to-cup selections and cold brew.
• Arby’s with a drive-through.
Headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, Pilot Flying J has more than 750 retail locations in 44 states.