TSYS announced that their Genius platform now supports Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) payments.
TSYS is a global payments provider, offering seamless, secure and innovative solutions across the payments spectrum — for issuers, merchants and consumers.
The Genius platform can now integrate with a new set of point of sale (POS) providers, positioning it to serve a broader range of businesses across the U.S.
“TSYS is bringing the convenience and speed of Genius to a new market with the addition of EBT SNAP payments,” said President of Integrated Solutions, TSYS Merchant Solutions Henry Helgeson. “Whether you’re a small corner store or a specialty food shop, our platform provides shoppers with a faster checkout, more payment options and an overall better experience at checkout. All of these elements allow small businesses to provide their customers with a higher level of customer service.”
In addition to EBT SNAP functionality, the Genius platform offers a number of benefits, integrating payments acceptance, processing and customer experience into one secure, cloud-based platform.
- Accept any payment type: Process credit, debit, EMV/chip cards, EBT SNAP payments, EBT cash, gift cards, mobile payments and HSA and FSA cards.
- Speed up checkout: Complete chip card transactions in seconds, making checkout quick and easy
- Boost shopper engagement: Easily engage your customers with weekly deals, coupons, on-screen ads and surveys
- Enhance data security: Keep cardholder data off the POS, and secure your systems with full encryption and tokenization
- Implement effortlessly: Ensure you have the latest features and functionality with automatic cloud updates
- Value-added features: Guide your shoppers at checkout with line-item display, PIN steering, store & forward, cash back and more
Genius is a processor-agnostic platform that provides maximum flexibility to merchants.
Columbus, Georgia-based TSYS has approximately 13,000 team members and local offices across 13 countries.