McLane Company Inc. kicked off its annual National Trade Show (NTS), which takes place Aug. 21-22 in San Antonio, Texas, at the Henry B González Convention Center.
McLane is one of the largest supply chain services leaders, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores and chain restaurants throughout the U.S.
This year’s trade show’s theme is “Sales Fiesta.” Focusing on hot topics impacting the grocery and foodservice categories, it will feature guest speakers, special appearances, events, educational sessions, networking opportunities and exhibitions.
Each year, NTS brings retailers the latest in new technology and foodservice for more efficient inventory and ordering. Additionally, some of the industry’s leading manufacturers choose NTS as their national launching pad for new product lines and extensions.
This year, the event will showcase nearly 200 exhibitors and play host to 1,100 attendees. Speakers include Terrell Davis, two-time Super Bowl champion and NFL Hall of Famer, who will deliver the keynote, and Deon Johnson, VP of applications at McLane. In addition, attendees will have an opportunity to meet former Dallas Cowboy and NFL Hall of Famer Randy White and NHRA drag racer John Force, and they are invited to attend a reception at the historic Aztec Theater with entertainment by KC and the Sunshine Band.
One of the star features of NTS this year is the new 50×80 McLane booth featuring three pillars of McLane’s grocery business: Technology, CVP and McLane Kitchen. This expansive new booth premiered at the 2018 NACS Show and received outstanding feedback from attendees.
VP of applications at McLane and NTS speaker, Deon Johnson, will be available to discuss new advances in McLane’s powerfully simple technology offerings. There will also be a hands-on tablet order training during the Technology Conference portion of the show.
This year, McLane will debut:
- A back office management solution that is a one-stop-shop for retailers and all their technology needs, and is compatible with major POS solutions.
- A new tablet built with c-store operators in mind. It is water resistant and features a larger screen size, an IP67 rating (the highest level of protection from dust) and can store information for up to 25 stores.
- A text notification feature on the Delivery Tracker application that sends a text message straight to a retailer’s smartphone if a delivery is delayed.
CVP, McLane’s private label brands subsidiary, will debut 40 new products at this year’s show, including:
- Four new dog treat flavors from Beau Dacious
- Safety attire and gear from Work Fare
- Phone accessories and electronics from Road Tech
- Health and beauty products from CVP, ranging from over-the-counter heartburn relief to grooming accessories
Additionally, CVP will offer trade show-only deals, product samples and giveaways. CVP products are available to both McLane customers and non-McLane customers and are currently offered at retail locations nationwide.
McLane will once again host an interactive booth experience under the banner of McLane Kitchen, a foodservice solution for generating optimum sales and profits for retailers. McLane Kitchen offers easy-to-implement turnkey solutions as well as comprehensive, custom solutions.
The booth will spotlight a fully functioning kitchen and new menu offerings for retailers to enjoy throughout the show. New offerings include turnkey soups, roller grill jalapeno western omelets, salads with protein and custom parfaits.
Highlights from the trade show will be posted to the McLane Twitter (@McLaneCo), Facebook (@McLaneCompany) and Instagram (@McLaneCo) channels, and the hashtag #mclanents will be used throughout the show.