Whitehouse Station, N.J.-based QuickChek recently opened a new 6,805–square-foot store in Commack, N.Y.
Grand opening promotions included free QuickChek hot or iced coffee offered to all patrons.
The new store offers an innovative “Fresh to Go” design, with more than 50% of the store dedicated to fresh food and beverages.
“We serve busy people on the go with products and services that are made for immediate consumption,” said QuickChek CEO Dean Durling. “Today’s consumer, especially young professionals, families and health-conscious people, want fresh. So we have dedicated more than half of the store to food service and fresh beverages, including our guaranteed fresh brewed hot and iced coffees. We meet your need for what you need now, whether its food, the best cup of coffee in America, or fuel.”
New Store Design & Innovation Features
- Sleek, open-concept layout with earth tone colors, clean sightlines and spacious stand-alone food displays with consumer-friendly expansive aisles for added convenience when customizing food and beverages
- Extensive display of freshly made QuickChek grab-and-go food and market items
- Large stand-alone soup station offering a daily rotation of freshly prepared, never frozen QuickChek soups which have become a meal replacement as consumers’ dining habits continue to change
- Handcrafted 6-inch subs and 12-inch premium original recipe QuickChek sub sandwiches served on fresh bakery sub rolls; all subs are custom-made with the finest ingredients and freshest quality meats and cheeses
- A wide selection of healthy baked snacks, fresh cut fruit and seasonal fruit salads perfect for snacking anytime
- Fresh QuickChek baked goods made in-store
- Embracing the dining habits of today’s millennial consumer, indoor seating counters offer phone and laptop charging stations and free WiFi
The new store will be open 24 hours a day. The menu features delicious restaurant-quality sub sandwiches custom-made with the finest ingredients at a great value. Seasonal selections include Chicken Salad with Real Cranberry Relish and Crispy Chicken with Real Cranberry Relish. Snack items include Cubano Egg Rolls and Southwestern Chicken Egg Rolls.
Amenities include no-fee ATMs, indoor seating for 11 people, eight gas pumps/16 fueling positions and 61 parking spaces.
The new store creates 45 new local jobs, including eight management positions. Each new QuickChek location typically generates approximately $1 million in tax revenues, adding to its positive impact on the local economy.
As does its commitment to giving back to the communities it serves: QuickChek will donate $0.25 for every sub, sandwich and wrap sold in the store through Nov. 27 to the Commack Vipers youth soccer team.
QuickChek has 160 store locations throughout New Jersey, Long Island and the Hudson Valley including 84 locations with fuel. With the opening of Commack and upcoming stores in Bohemia and Brentwood, the privately held company will be doubling its presence on Long Island from three stores to six with more on the way.