Saratoga Springs, N.Y.-based Stewart’s Shops is celebrating the season with its Holiday Match program and events.
Holiday Match is a program that started 33 years ago to benefit organizations/programs for kids under the age of 18 in the areas of social services, health, education, recreation and the arts.
To date, with the help of its customers, Stewart’s has raised over $28 million for local children’s charities. Stewart’s collects donations in its shops from Thanksgiving Day through Christmas Day and matches customers’ donations dollar for dollar, penny for penny, with no administrative fees.
In 2018, Stewart’s raised over $2 million. Non-profit 501c3 organizations are able to apply for funds starting Thanksgiving Day through January 31. Applications are reviewed, and allocations are made in March. Last year, 1830 organizations received Holiday Match Funding.
This year, Stewart’s customers have donated an average of $29,000 a day since the program started on Thanksgiving. In total, Stewart’s has collected over $326,000 so far this year.
In Holiday Match tradition, Stewart’s will have several radio and TV media partners helping spread the word. Its media partners will be broadcasting live from Stewart’s Shops throughout its 31-county market area. Stewart’s will also be sampling some of its famous products, and Santa himself may make an appearance.
Upcoming Holiday Match events:
- December 12, 6-9 a.m. | Route 3, Black River: Z93
- December 12, 3-5 p.m. | Post Street, Boonville: The Eagle 96.1
- December 13, 6-10 a.m. | Route 146 & Vischers Ferry Rd, Clifton Park: B95.5
- December 13, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. | East Main Street, Canton: Mix 96.1, WYSX 96.7, and WPAC 98.7
- December 13, 7-9 a.m. | Erie Boulevard, Rome: Big Frog 104
- December 13, 12-2 p.m. |Aviation Road, Queensbury: Froggy 100.3, Grand Opening event, stop in for some great deals!
- December 13, from 12-1 p.m. | Route 3, West Plattsburgh: WIRY
- December 13, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. | Buckley Road, Syracuse: Sunny 102
Over the next few weeks leading up to Christmas Day, Spectrum News will be highlighting Holiday Match recipients to tell their stories on how the Holiday Match funding has helped them during the year.
Stewart’s Shops employs over 4,500 people and operates over 335 shops across New York and southern Vermont. Its rich, nearly 75-year history and success stems from its vertical integration, employee ownership and strong company values.