Wally’s has opened a new travel center in Pontiac, Ill.
Positioned between Chicago and St. Louis on I-55, along Route 66, Wally’s is pushing the boundaries of what a family-friendly travel center can be through cleanliness, convenience and food options to enhance the road trip experience.
At 30,000 square-feet, Wally’s is committed to providing a safe, clean environment that provides plenty of space for social distancing.
For on-the-go families, Wally’s has diverse and elevated food offerings, including a popcorn bar, a beef jerky bar and a carving station for hot, fresh food. On the beverage side, there is a gourmet coffee bar, plus a wall of fountain drinks with more than 60 flavors, 12 slushy options and a walk-in beer cooler for adults.
Wally’s is also dedicated to old-fashioned courtesy with all the modern tech and contemporary amenities travelers have come to expect, including:
- Restrooms with more than 40 stalls and full-time facility manager on site 24/7
- 76 fueling stations
- Four electronic vehicle charging stations with 50k-watt chargers and covering
- Free in-store WiFi
- General store with camping supplies and road trip essentials
- Fun collection of Wally’s merch – shirts, hats, mugs, bumper stickers and other accessories
- Instagram-worthy features like a taxidermy diorama and Wally’s-branded Winnebago RV