The Convenience Directions concept has been in place for over 15 years in the convenience store industry. What we do is very unique in that we combine the InfoMarketing newsletter, which is mailed quarterly to over 10,000 c-store executives, with three Idea Exchange meetings. The newsletters give sponsor companies a forum to communicate category information, new product introductions and best practices to the industry. Retailers get great information on a variety of categories and services in a quick read format.
The Idea Exchange meetings are designed to share latest trends, best in class standards, and ideas and recommendations to drive bottom line profits. The idea exchanges result in sponsor companies getting to know the entire senior management team of a company, understanding what their goals and objectives are and presenting category information to the retailer. Ongoing productive relationships are established in this setting that is difficult to replicate in any other venue.
The unique aspect for the retailer is that they get to have senior management from 20 diverse supplier companies bring them their industry experience and make specific recommendations custom fitted to the needs of the chain. Most meetings discuss general information which is helpful but Convenience Directions Idea Exchange meetings are designed to leave retailers with bottom line improving ideas and recommendations.
Principles: The principles of Convenience Directions are Industry veterans who have run large retail companies and understand the demands of the Convenience Store business. The Convenience Directions program capitalizes on the experience of the partners to bring together a tremendous recourse for both retailers and suppliers.
Idea Exchange Meetings bring together the senior management of a leading retail company with senior management of about 20 leading supplier companies representing a variety of categories and services to the convenience store industry.
The suppliers represent many of the key product and service categories being employed by today’s convenience stores and provide unequaled knowledge about their respective category. These industry specialists convene, as a group to meet with the management personnel of leading convenience store chains…on a proprietary basis, one chain at a time.
These two-day sessions are conducted and financed by Convenience Directions. The meetings are attended by both corporate and senior field personnel of the participating companies along with your management team. The purpose of these meetings is to create the opportunity for positive business development by providing a forum for the productive exchange of ideas and information. The open and relaxed surroundings created by having all supplier representatives present during the entire meeting, is not designed as a sales forum, but rather as a learning opportunity in a “think tank” atmosphere.
These meetings have proven to be very productive and well worth the time invested for every retailer who has participated in the past. Every retail participant has reported improved profitability as a direct result of their involvement. It’s difficult to explain all of the synergies that take place in these sessions until you experience it first hand.
Download the latest InfoMarketing Newsletters
- 2016 Quarter 1 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2016 Quarter 2 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2016 Quarter 3 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2016 Quarter 4 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2017 Quarter 1 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2017 Quarter 2 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2017 Quarter 3 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2017 Quarter 4 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2018 Quarter 1 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2018 Quarter 2 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2018 Quarter 3 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2018 Quarter 4 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2019 Quarter 1 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2019 Quarter 2 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2019 Quarter 3 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2019 Quarter 4 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2020 Quarter 1 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2020 Quarter 2 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2020 Quarter 3 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2020 Quarter 4 InfoMarketing Newsletter
- 2021 Quarter 1 InfoMarketing Newsletter